Make your home SMARTER in 2020!
We have encountered numerous trends this last decade but you can expect to hear much more about smart homes in 2020.
If there’s one thing we’ve learnt, it’s that we now have the capability to be more efficient and digitally connected than ever.
According to NBN, “It’s anticipated that by 2021, the average Australian home will have 30.7 connected devices.”
A smart home is comprised of several smart devices working together to make your life more seamless and effective. Once set up, it can enable simple activation and monitoring of heating, door locks, lighting, washing machines and other appliances; whether you are at home or on holidays.
Here are the basics to get you started:
- A smart speaker and smart hub – these may not look like much but they hold so much power. They either connect to your virtual assistant through voice commands or connect all your smart devices through one console meaning less tapping away and less manual work! You can have all your utilities on one simple command, wherever you are in or away from home.
- A Smart phone with smart apps – we know this one pretty well, but there has been an influx of new devices on market with mind blowing functionalities, so it’s worth shopping around to get the best deal to help operate your smart home.
- A smart watch – gone are the days where watches only tell the time. A good smart watch can now: read SMS and e-mails, perform tap-payment, see phone calls and other notifications, and more – all from your wrist. Whilst you don’t need a watch to have a smart home, it definitely can help create a more responsive experience.
Once you are set up and on your way, here are some fun ones to explore….
- A smart coffee maker – We all love coffee in the morning (sometimes a little too much) and we want a cup in our hands FAST! A smart coffee maker can make your favourite cup with just a few taps on your smart phone. Imagine that, make coffee while still in bed!
- A smart pen – Sometimes neglected and taken for granted, the mighty pen again proved its prowess with digitization. From doodles to office to fine arts, the possibilities are endless with this small but powerful device.
A fast and reliable nbn™ connection is crucial in making these smart devices work. Thankfully, you don’t have to look too far to get that! With the nbn™ network rollout close to completion, more and more premises can now have access to high-speed broadband, helping you get more done in less time.
It’s the beginning of a new decade and we’re excited for the innovations ahead!
Happy 2020 from Harbour ISP!